Monday, April 6, 2009

Congratulations Marcia & Harry!



I painted this miniature study, "Tulip Garden at Giverny," which was posted on my miniature blog, The Ruby Slippers, and was purchased by my sister, Peggy, as a wedding gift for my Mom and her new husband Harry.  Last year when my Mom and Peggy travelled to France with me, they gave me a ticket to see Giverny Gardens and to take photos, so this was a great idea come full circle.  Thanks for thinking of it Peggy!








"Tulip Garden at Giverny," 1 1/4" x 3 1/4", egg tempera on Kelmscott vellum


During their honeymoon visit to NYC I had lunch with Mom & Harry at Asiate, on the 35th floor of NYC's Mandarin Oriental Hotel
This is the first photo I have of the happy couple, my Mom & her new husband Harry

L to R:  my sister Peggy and 2 of her 4 sons, David & Daniel, with Harry.  Since my brother is a qualified justice of the peace, he performed the ceremony.

3 comments:

Kathleen Coy said...

Aw, they look so happy!
:-)

Debra Keirce said...

What a nice picture! Are you going to paint them, Mona?

Mona Diane Conner said...

Thanks Kathleen and Deb! It's potential material, but I have five paintings in progress, so we'll see.