Friday, March 27, 2009

More pastel in progress ~ Kimberly


pastel in progress (working right to left helps me avoid smudging, since I am left-handed)


*I'm also honored to receive an award, created by Kim Ratigan, which is being passed from artist to artist in honor of their passion for painting from Akiko Watanabe.  The receiving artist is asked to acknowledge the artist who passed on the award (please check out Akiko's wonderful art by clicking on her name), name 7 loves, and pass it forward to 7 artists.  (I received this same award for my Ruby Slippers blog too, from Deb Kierce this week, and will post in response to that on The Ruby Slippers following the end of my spring sale on April 5.)

7 loves:   1) water  2) the color viridian green  3) the color coral melon  4) Mary  5) Amritanandamayi Ma  6) Mother Meera  7) God

Most of the artists I'd like to acknowledge have received this award, but there are 3 I would like to pass it on to:  my friend Bill Mundy, a great miniature portrait painter, and my friends 
Wes and Rachelle Siegrist a very special husband and wife team of wildlife miniature painters.



3 comments:

artbyakiko said...

Your Kimberly is coming along very well.
Do you know green is the color of the heart chakra? I'm not familiar with Amritanandamayi Ma or Mother Meera, but they look like enlightened beings. I have read books about Satia Sai Baba. He must be enlightened also.

Mona Diane Conner said...

Thanks Akiko, I'm really enjoying my work on this pastel.

Yes I have heard that green is the color of the heart chakra. Your comment made me realize it would be helpful to provide some links for Amritanandamayi Ma and Mother Meera, so I've added them to the post. I have heard of Sai Baba, but I don't know a lot about him.

Here's another Indian saint who I admire,
Anandamayi Ma: http://www.anandamayi.org

Debra Keirce said...

Your painting is coming along splendidly. Her expression is turning out a bit mischevous...not sure I spelled that right, but I like it!